When seeking treatment, Delray Drug Recovery Facilities can help you find the right center to address every aspect of your addiction problem, including medical issues.
Drug addiction not only affects your relationships, it affects every aspect of your life—especially your overall health. The National Institute on Drug Abuse reports, typical medical issues suffered from drug addiction may include mental disorders, cardiovascular disease, stroke, and lung disease, cancer Hepatitis B and C and HIV/AIDS. Four out of ten U.S. AIDS deaths are related to drug abuse.
Drug addictions Impact on Health
While the brain is the most complex organ, the whole body can suffer from drug addiction. For example, the abuse of some inhalants can lead to damaged and destroyed nerve cells. Injecting drugs spreads Hepatitis C, a potentially fatal disease. Drug abuse results in various levels of intoxication. This impairs judgment and often leads to unsafe sexual practices, which may result in life-threatening sexually transmitted diseases.
Professional treatment at a drug recovery facility can help all types of addictions. Delray Drug Recovery Facilities can help you find the best treatment program for your needs. Consider programs such as:
- 12-step drug and alcohol program: Using 12 detailed steps; this program helps the addicted admit the problem and work towards resolving issues that may be contributing to addictive behavior. Depending on the facility, it may be followed as an inpatient or outpatient.
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy): A psychotherapy treatment focusing on patterns of thought and how those thoughts contribute to addictive and self-destructive behavior. CBT helps address many mental illness issues.
- Medically supervised detox: A detoxification program, it helps remove the drugs from your system and then uses a comprehensive treatment to address mental and emotional issues. In medically supervised detox, you have a team of doctors and nurses plus counselors and social workers.
- One-on-one counseling: Individual counseling can help you explore the roots of an addiction problem in personal, comprehensive manner.
- Aftercare treatment: Engaging in aftercare treatment provides help in maintaining a drug-free life after your medical issues and physical health are stabilized. Aftercare also provides a support system.
Delray Drug Recovery Facilities Can Help
Please use the form or call the number listed on this page to receive more information about the services offered by Delray Drug Recovery Facilities.